A review of NIA, National Insurance Academy, which is based in Pune.
JustInReviews has the review of the National Insurance Academy (NIA), Pune, for all those interested in a career in the insurance sector.
National Insurance Academy, Pune was set up in 1980 by joint help from Ministry of Finance, Government of India and the established Insurance enterprises of India to offer education and produce skilled professionals in the Insurance and Risk management sector. National Insurance Academy offers a 2 – year, full – time Post Graduate Diploma in Management course which is same as the MBA course.
– Campus is said to have been spread across 32 acres of land, with state of the art infrastructure.
– Postal and medical facilities are also present on the campus.
– Facilities like library, cafeteria, a computer centre, swimming pool, seminar hall etc. are also present.
– Hostel facilities are also present. “Sarvapalli” happens to be the hostel building for the PGDM course students.
NIA has kept up a 90% placement record with the average salary being INR 611,000 per annum and highest package offered being INR 968,000 per annum.
– Students looking for admission to higher education programmes such as a 2 – year, full – time PGDM course should possess a university degree from a recognized one of no less than 3 years bachelor’s equivalent regardless of stream/discipline.
– Students showing up for final year exams may likewise apply given that they finish their course before the finalized date.
– Upper age limit for aspirants is 26 years for the general category and 28 years for the reserved category candidates.
This criteria is subject to change.
– It is based mainly on the entrance exam scores e.g. XAT/CAT/CMAT.
– Next, Group Discussion performance, work experience (if applicable) and Interview performance as the selection parameters.
Last year cut-offs were as follows:
– GC: Overall score of 75
– SC/ST: Overall score of 65
– OBC-NC: Overall score of 70
The overall fees for the PGDM course is around Rs 968,000.
This is what the National Insurance Academy has on offer for you.
JustInReviews would continue to share with you, university reviews and college reviews.
For More Reviews : Review: Getting To Know The Flame University