Electric cars happen to be the new automotive technology to hit the Indian roads in the near future. In this blog from JustInReviews, we will be talking about the same. So, be all set to take the drivers seat as we present to you with the rundown of 5 electric cars that are set to hit the Indian roads in 2018.
Nissan Leaf, amongst the highest selling electric vehicles on the planet is relied upon to hit Indian roads in latter part of 2018. As it can be purchased on import, be prepared to expect an expansion in its cost as well, to some degree in the range of Rs 30 lakhs. How about we take a gander at the particulars of this automobile:
– Comes with a latest technology called ProPILOT Park semi-autonomous.
– The charging time lies in the range of 8 to 16 hours.
– Powered by a 40kWh battery that facilitates a range of 400 kilometers
In any case, there is likewise an option of brisk charging, which completes the charging in 40 minutes and offers the battery a range of 80%.
KUV Electric from Mahindra:
Good news, the Mahindra KUV Electric will hit the market in 2018, in India. The powertrain pack in this will resemble the one in e-Verito and the e2OPlus, yet a few changes are expected.
The mileage of Mahindra KUV electric auto can be assumed to go up to 150 kilometers with a cost in the range of Rs 13 lakhs roughly. Be that as it may, we can anticipate that this cost will reduce in the course of time.
Ioniq Electric from Hyundai:
The 2018 Delhi Auto Expo will see the unveiling of the Hyundai Ioniq Electric; and its launch will happen later on in 2018. Prior, it was conjectured that Hyundai would reveal the Ioniq hybrid, however, increment in taxation on hybrids has constrained the manufacturer to settle on a new technology electric adaptation of the car.
– Equipped with a smart cruise control
– Smartphones can be charged in a wireless manner
– Comes with a rear cross-traffic alert
– Displays that are 7-inch TFT instrument cluster
– Both Apple and Android compatible
– Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
– Start price of Rs 35 lakhs
– Max price of Rs 40 lakhs
Tata Jayem Neo:
Tata Motors came up with a joint-venture with Jayem Automotives, wherein the former will supply Nano body shells to the latter.
– It will have a range of 140 km.
– Jayem Neo will be powered with a 48-Volt electric engine that will yield 23 bhp of max power
– It will provide you with an ARAI-rated 200 Kms range on a solitary charge
– Central locking system with remote
– Comes with a multi-information display
– Front powered windows
– Power socket that is 12V
Discussion are doing the rounds that the Neo will be roughly priced at Rs 5 lakh, and will turn into the least expensive four-seater electric automobile in the market. Despite the fact that this electric Nano will be sold as the Jayem Neo, Tata Motors may launch its own particular version in the near future.
Tata Tigor EV:
The company has been placed with an order to produce 10,000 units of Tigor EV from the government, and it will initially supply the 10,000 Tigor EVs for the state-administered Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL). We might see it at the 2018 Auto Expo early next year.
– Range happens to be 100 km
– 29.8 kW powered electric motor
– Single speed gearbox
The cost cited for Tigor EV by Tata Motors for the government’s tender is :
– Rs 11.2 lakhs with GST
– Rs 10.16 lakhs barring GST
Along these lines, on the off chance that you are thinking to purchase this automotive technology, you are in for a great deal of benefits. Not just a more economical option, as well as you don’t need to pay for road tax. Electric vehicles are currently turning into a more usual sight on our streets. Regardless of
whether it’s hybrid cars or completely electric autos, the advantages of electric vehicles are many, for both the proprietor and the mother earth.
JustInReviews brings to you, other product reviews as well.