An exciting technology update from JustInReviews, for all the car lovers. That too, for those who are looking for the electric car options.
Tesla Model 3 is going to be the first and the most reasonably priced electric vehicle, sedan to be exact, from the American carmaker in India.
Elon Musk, Founder and CEO Tesla Motors, gave over the Model 3 to its initial 30 purchasers on 29th July at a special event held in Fremont, California. With a price tag of $ 35,000, the Tesla Model 3 electric car is the debutant mass market product from the American car manufacturer.
Even though this electric car will initially be available in the US market, its India launch will happen in the second half of 2018.
Now, let’s begin with the technology review of the Tesla Model 3..
- Engine and power:
At the core of the Tesla Model 3 happens to be a 60kw hour lithium-ion battery set having an electric range of 215kms for each charge. This powerplant has just been utilized previously on the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt. Accompanied with a power of 7,200 Superchargers, the Model 3 can reach 97kmph from halt in 4 seconds and 0-60mph within 6 seconds. Both RWD (rear wheel drive) and AWD (all-wheel drive) framework will be made accessible on the vehicle.
Tesla Model 3 features:
– Glass roof that is panoramic
– LED fog lights
– Sporty alloy wheels
– Auto dim, power folding, heated side mirrors
– UV and IR protected glass roof
– Big windshields
– Smoother character lines
– LED based tail lights
– Seating made of textile
– 12-way, front seats with power adjustment, side mirrors and steering column, with customized driver profiles
– A powerful audio system
– 60/40 split foldable rear seats
– Controls that are voice activated
– Remote climate control using app and a keyless entry
– Latest technology 15-inch touchscreen along with onboard maps & navigation
– LTE and Wi-Fi internet connectivity
These happen to be some of the salient features as far as the exterior and interior of the car is concerned.
– Auto emergency braking and collision protection
– Eight airbags
– Electronic traction and stability control
Alike the Model S, Tesla will come up with the Model 3 with the usual 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty on the battery that is transferable. The long duration warranty will comprise of 8 year, 120,000 mile. The vehicle will accompany the constrained warranty of 4 year, 50,000 miles.
Booking in India:
Online bookings for the Tesla Model 3 were initiated an hour prior to its worldwide premier on 31st March, 2016. One is able to pre-book the car by paying an initial amount of USD 1,000. Strikingly, individuals over the globe are going to Tesla showrooms to enquire about the car. Truth be told, the company has got 3.73 lakh pre-bookings for the Model 3 in the first seven day stretch of its initial public appearance.
Cost of the US-spec variant is USD 35,000, while the India-based model could be more costly because of GST imposed on fully developed units (CBUs). As of now, the luxury segment cars are drawing in 28% GST and a cess of 15%, accordingly making a sum of 43%. This may turn the Model 3 an exorbitant deal in the nation. On the off chance that things go well, we expect this electric sports car to be estimated around Rs 35 lakh in India.
– Efficient in terms of mileage range on single charge
– Affordable new technology
– Equipped with safety features
– Will take time to hit the Indian roads
Also get to read technology reviews, only on JustInReviews.